As Matt mentioned in last month’s wrap-up, the Automattic crew has been meeting up in Quebec, but that hasn’t stopped us from publishing another week of quality content to WordPress.tv. We hope you’ve been watching. In case you missed something, here’s what’s been released this past week:
The first round of sessions from WordCamp Seattle were posted, including:
- Chris Pirillo’s talk on community and how to foster yours
- Jane Wells’ Q&A session on WordPress
- Ian Lurie’s blog review session and tips for readability and subscribership
- Aaron Hockley’s tips on things to do when starting up a new WordPress site
- Scott Porad’s discussion of things WordPress and Cheezburger Network
- WordPress lead developer Mark Jaquith’s introduction to BuddyPress and why you should know about it
Next week, we’ll be publishing a somewhat different set of sessions from the same WordCamp. WordCamp Seattle entertained a series of “Ignite-like” presentations, where the presenters were given only five minutes in which to deliver their topic. We’ll close next week’s WordCamp TV publish with Liz Strauss’ closing presentation from Seattle.
In upcoming weeks, we’re looking forward to video from even more WordCamps, like WordCamp Philippines, WordCamp Netherlands, and WordCamp Phoenix. Are you interested in attending awesome sessions like these and meeting up with other WordPress users? Check the WordCamp schedule to see if one is coming to your part of the world.
This week, we also published a tutorial on the new Publicize! feature for WordPress.com, a French-language tutorial on Gravatars (Utiliser les gravatars), and an interview with Automattic’s Matt Mullenweg on WordPress and the GPL.
Remember that WordPress.tv is your visual source for WordPress. If you have suggestions for future video tutorials—or if you’ve made a tutorial—we’d like to hear about it. We’ll be back with more video on Monday!